Friday, December 4, 2009
Relative of 90 - Olypic torchbearer-Frank Wilson
I am so very proud of my Uncle Frank. He has always been involved in community functions and so Pilot Mound Legion chose him as their Olympic torch bearer representative. And this is after he had heart surgery this summer and was told to put his affairs in order. We didn't know that he was going to be on the news and I couldn't figure out why Bruce wanted me to get to the tv so quickly. Uncle Frank was doing his practice walks with my cousin Doug going with him. He carries the torch on Jan. 7th, Winkler, Manitoba. I am really hoping that my dad, who will be 90on Jan. 11th, and is mostly in a wheelchair will go. If the roads are at all good, I will be there, crying and screaming Uncle Frank's name. When I was a little girl, he used to run around the town. Now, at 90 he is a walking tribute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Small world. What is your Uncle's name? I grew up in Pilot Mound.
That's incredible D!!! I saw that on the news today... um...?... yesterday now, I guess. Just got home from a party... 8-)
Hi Diane K. If you grew up in Pilot Mound, I think you would know my Uncle Frank Wilson.
Your dad's birthday is January 11th? So is Patrick's.. Too funny that your son's birthday is on the same day as me and you are very close to my mom's birthday. I saw that news report. So he's your uncle.. I must tell DH
Post a Comment